Do this Backyard lasagne with zucchini, cashew cream, minced sunflower seeds, and tomatoes, when trying to improve your meat-free lasagne! This backyard lasagne recipe is straightforward to make, constituted of scratch, and calls for easy elements. With greens, cashew cream and a lightweight and flavourful tomato and sunflower seed sauce, this Backyard lasagne is bound to change into a reader favorite!
- Tomato and sunflower seed sauce
- 100 g sunflower seeds
- 75 g walnuts
- 150 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Cashew cream
- 200 g cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp dietary yeast
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt
- To serve
- 600 g zucchini
- 200 g cherry tomatoes , some halved, some quartered
- Just a few sprigs of parsley , chopped
- A few basil leaves
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Freshly floor black pepper
For the tomato and sunflower seed sauce
1. Combine all of the elements collectively in a meals processor or a blender with a giant pinch of salt. Mix till it reaches the feel of bolognese sauce.
2. Mix all of the elements collectively in a meals processor or a blender. Mix, pausing to scrape down the edges sometimes, till the combination reaches the feel of ricotta cheese. Add a splash extra of water if wanted.
3. Slice zucchini into lengthy skinny ribbons utilizing a mandolin or vegetable peeler
4. Make 4 particular person lasagne instantly onto serving plates.
5. Lay 4 slices of zucchini, barely overlapping, onto every plate and prime with a 3rd of the tomato sauce. Prime with half of the cashew cream, earlier than including one other layer of zucchini slices .Add one other third of the tomato sauce, adopted by the remainder of the cashew cream.
6. Lay a remaining layer of zucchini slices on prime earlier than spooning over the remainder of the tomato sauce.
7. Prime with cherry tomatoes, basil and parsley, sprinkle with black pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Serve instantly.
FOOD TEAM TIP: Use a store-bought sauce tomato sauce as a fast different to the tomato sauce. Prime with sunflower seeds and chopped nuts between layering.